This easy, beautiful pesto recipe is absolutely bursting with fresh microgreen flavour.
Once you’ve mastered the method you can add and adjust the ingredients to your own taste. Mix through fresh pasta and add some fresh tomatoes, pizza, grilled vegetables, or simply spread on toast with a poached egg. Pesto is very versatile and is very good for you too! Enjoy the delicate flavours of the microgreens.
• 2 cups of microgreens (I used mizuna microgreens. Sunflower microgreens is also recommend)
• 1 cup of basil
• 1 clove of garlic, crushed
• 1/2 lemon squeezed
• 1/4 cup of pepittas (or roasted pine nuts)
• 1/2 cup of olive oil
• Salt, pepper
Makes around 1 cup.
- In a blender, add the micro greens, basil, garlic, lemon juice, and olive oil. Blend to a spreadable paste.
- Adjust flavours – add salt, pepper, olive oil and more lemon juice to reach the consistency and taste you desire.
- Enjoy immediately or store in an airtight, sterilised container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Other additions: 1/3 cup of parmesan. Spinach or kale to replace basil.