It’s difficult to believe when you look at the raw Brussels Sprouts how mouthwatering they in fact can be. When roasted and caramelised and then combined with delicious microgreens they transform into something amazing… a delicacy.
- 8-10 x Brussels sprouts
- 5-6 x handfuls of microgreens
- 3 x cloves of garlic, crushed
- Salt, pepper & olive oil
- Halve the Brussels sprouts. Once cut, toss them into a mixing bowl and coat them with olive oil, crushed garlic and salt. I like to be generous with the oil here to really make sure every inch of the sprouts are coated.
- Place the Brussels sprouts in a baking tray (lining it with baking paper if you want). Roast (or BBQ) them for 15 minutes at 220°C.
- Gently stir, then keep roasting until tender, about 10 more minutes. Keep roasting till brown and crispy if desired.
- Once the Brussels sprouts are cooked, put into a mixing bowl and add the microgreens, add salt and pepper to taste. Drizzle olive oil over salad, if you feel necessary. Toss to combine, serve and enjoy as a side salad or a meal with your favourite protein.
How do I make Brussels sprouts tasty?
- Roast them till the naturally occurring sugars in vegetable are released, this makes them caramelised and crispy, sweet and tasty.
Other additions: Dried cranberries and pine nuts or crispy bacon and parmesan.